"You may say that I am a dreamer/But I am not the only one" John Lennon: "Imagine"

"So come brothers and sisters/For the struggle carries on" Billy Bragg: "The Internationale"


Elizannie has a reading room at 'Clarice's Book Page' http://www.villiersroad.blogspot.com/

Thursday 12 August 2010

Indulge me - its my birthday!

I bought my first Bob Dylan album, vinyl LP, 45 years ago [I was a precocious child] Because I am half Welsh everyone always thinks I must like Tom Jones - I won't lie to you, I have never really liked his style of singing until the 'Reload' CD came along and I bought it. And then of course the fantastic 'Islands in the Stream' with Nessa and Bryn - Gavin and Stacey fans will understand.

The two facts about Bob Dylan and Tom Jones are related. One of my birthday presents today [by request] is the new Tom Jones CD with the Dylan song on it 'What Good Am I'. Fabulous. So I am sharing it with you:
What good am If I'm like all the rest
If I just turn away when I see how you're dressed
If I shut myself off so I can't hear you cry
What good am I ?

What good am I if I know and don't do
If I see and don't say if I look right through you
If I turn a deaf ear to the thunderin' sky
What good am I ?

What good am I while you softly weep
And I hear in my head what you say in your sleep
And I freeze in the moment like the rest who don't try
What good am I ?

What good am I then to others and me
If I had every chance and yet still fail to see
If my hands are tied must I not wonder within
Who tied them and why and where must I have been.

What good am I if I say foolish things
And I laugh in the face of what sorrow brings
And I just turn my back while you silently die
What good am I ?




And to sample at youtube and then go out and buy the CD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-2oAzJ_h0

No photograph today as we are camping on a cliff edge and the dongle is being precocious and will only download certain things...

No comments:

Post a Comment