"You may say that I am a dreamer/But I am not the only one" John Lennon: "Imagine"

"So come brothers and sisters/For the struggle carries on" Billy Bragg: "The Internationale"


Elizannie has a reading room at 'Clarice's Book Page' http://www.villiersroad.blogspot.com/

Sunday 16 May 2010

Monaco Grand Prix

"Reach for the moon; even if you'll miss, you'll be among the stars" [Les Brown] Probably not the best place to find an inspirational thought, on a greeting card but I rather liked this one - good for those of us who set ourselves high standards and rather than thinking that we have failed we can think that we are in a better place than we were!

The marathon walking child finished the Moonwalk in a good time, I have so much admiration for all those giving so much time and energy to raise so much money for charity and turning it into a fun event as well. However it was rather cold last night so the idea of only wearing a bra and a plastic see through raincoat as above the waist wear I hope doesn't result in over load for the NHS...

The boys came around for a play on the new scaletrextric track before the Monaco Grand Prix started then went off to watch some important local football match. We have provisionally arranged a scaletrextric party for the day of the British Grand Prix. When the four year old asked what racing drivers eat we suggested sausages and mash would be suitable fare.

So it seems like most of the family have had a very sporting weekend but I have been engrossed in the 1846 book that was the basis for 'Sweeny Todd' and have the DVD starring Helen Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp to watch once I have finished it! I wasn't allowed to see it at the cinema as children thought I would be frightened and I can fast forward the DVD if it gets gory! Meanwhile I have managed to get hold of a digitally remastered copy of 'The Invisible Man' with Claude Rains which I can watch until I have finished the Sweeny Todd book! Mind you if the 'Invisible Man' in the film is as unpleasant as in the H.G.Wells novel that won't be a walk in the park either!

No comments:

Post a Comment